Thursday, March 29, 2012

China's Falling House Prices

The Chinese authorities have succeeded in making good on their promise to lower property prices, but this bid to make housing affordable for the greater half of the Chinese population mightprove particularly costly for the Chinese economy as a whole. The residential sector is a major contributor of short-term economic growth in China, and accounted for an estimated 6.1% of its total GDP in 2010. Falling prices have already dragged down investment in the country’s real-estate market, and are expected make a similar dent in its demand for steel. Given the already dismal global economic outlook, a sluggish Chinese economy could then setoff more alarms than fireworks.

Apartments China

The drop in housing rates can be witnessed throughout the Chinese expanse, from large, major cities such as Shanghai and Beijing (here rates fell another 0.3% over a single month alone), to the relatively less populated second and third-tier ones. The country has instituted a series of regulations, whereby raising interest rates, and introducing local restrictions under which only those city residents who have been paying district or city taxes for a certain period of time are allowed to purchase housing in the said locality; these moves it intends would help take some pressure off of the overheated property market.

Discounted prices, however, have resulted in a flurry of buying, speculative and otherwise. Housing units in many developments are now priced at rates akin to those last seen in 2009. Developers have been forced to sell properties at throwaway rates; certain newly furnished apartments went for less than what the other, older houses in the locality were presently valued at. Major developers have seen their profits dip, and shares slide; raising fears that if the current trend continues, a shortage of adequate housing would soon develop, whereby triggering further unrest.

These falling prices also carry a strong implication for the greater world economy. The Chinese are the major buyers of machinery, and other housing-related (raw) materials from markets as far and wide as Japan, Australia, and Latin America. Local manufacturers are already citing worrying drops in demands for construction equipment, and doubt that they’ll be able to meet annual sales targets. The contagion shall then surely pass onto other markets whose growths are primarily fueled by exports, of which China constitutes a lion’s share.

This overarching influence of the Chinese property market then leads analysts to believe that such downward revisions in housing prices may not be allowed to continue for long. Persistent deductions in prices at various developments have already irked many buyers, and sparked protests as homeowners see their treasured equity vaporize at an increasing rate. The Premier, however, seems adamant to see these so-called corrections through; and given the track record of Chinese officials, a policy reversal might be somewhat of a long shot. Regardless of the status quo, developers, both local and foreign, remain upbeat about the long-term potential of the Chinese property market. They trust that once interest rates start to fall to reasonable levels sometime next year, the market will reveal its actual value, and prices will soar again. The Chinese housing market will eventually stage a comeback since the present state of affairs too is somewhat of a show; artificially orchestrated, well put-on.

Photo credits: Dale via Flickr

source :- overseaspropertymall

21 comments:

  1. Nice Post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you to write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. I am not quite familiar with the internet, but I believe that what I just read is some good material. Thanks for continuing to write such wonderful articles. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now these day real estate property market not doing well, so real estate agent low the property prices to maintain the real estate industry consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, your experience is quite encouraging to me. I think this is the best option for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an Awesome post. Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting. Need any managed services visit us

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good to see posts that give truly quality information. Your tips are extremely valuable. Thanks a lot for writing this post. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will probably be back again to browse much more, many thanks for the data.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone want to use problems free system and in this scenario your post is really informative and effective. This kind of awareness is very important for every computer user.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful to many people that are searching for this topic. Keep posting guys and keep this forum a great place to learn things.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Appreciate your work,This information is very helpful for me to invest my money in great project. I will probably be back again to browse much more, many thanks for the data.

    ReplyDelete